viernes, 21 de junio de 2019

Hot Metals



Nowadays, in my third year of my career, plastic arts, I have chosen to forge as a complementary workshop. This new area of work has taught me many new things. First, I learned how to bend metals. It’s amazing how a forge works. First, we must put the metal bars in an open oven, in a big flame, which turns the common metal into a red-hot bar, at that moment the metal must be taken out of the fire and brought to an anvil, in which, with the help of mallets, you must hit the bar until you give the desired shape. you can make points, curves, squares, circles, spirals, and even drawings. then, once the process is finished, the metal should be tempered, diving it in cold water to return it to room temperature. Other things that I learned in the workshop, was to cut using a grinder, in addition to learning to weld, it is a complex and dangerous process, but it is very satisfactory when you join the metal parts and that they do not separate.

3 comentarios:

  1. You explain the processes very well, I would like to learn more about metals, it is an area not explored for me.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love the colors of hot metals looks like the sun!
    shining and hot like you, haha joke friend. You have to teach me how to weld. XOXO

    ResponderEliminar